Goodbye 2015, hello 2016! It is the start of a new year and as you’re working on your new year resolutions and switching up your lifestyle you must be sure you are switching up your wardrobe as well. It is out with the old and in with the new as we transition into a new year full of new fashion trends straight off the runway. We got a glimpse of these trends as 2015 came to a close and now it is time to embrace them. Here are some of the top fashion trends for the year 2016:
- Off-the-shoulder necklines: Open, off-the-shoulder necklines have been around for awhile. But this year, designers have redirected the look with cutouts to especially highlight the shoulder. This trend is modest with a hint of sex appeal. You can dress this trend up or down for a night out with friends, or a casual shopping day.
- Pleating: This trend is no longer reserved for the all too familiar plaid skirt. This year pleats are transforming silhouettes and adding structure and flare to all forms of clothing. If you are looking to avoid the simple blouse or skirt and are looking for something a little extra try adding some pleating into your wardrobe.
- Focus on the waist: This year it all about the waist. Designers have set out to make the focal point of outfits the waist through belts, ties, accents, and more. Whether you are wearing a dress, top, or jumpsuit it has never been easier to show off an hourglass figure.
- High necklines: Victorian-era inspired high necklines are back in fashion this year. But don’t worry, designers are keeping them modern by pairing them with short hemlines, sheer finishes, loud fabrics, and more. These regal necklines are popping up everywhere in stores and are one of the most popular trends for 2016.
- Wrap skirts: Wanting to get away with showing just a hint of skin this year? Wrap skirts will give your look modesty and femininity without being too leggy. This trend is perfect for the office or a date night and can be found in a variety of lengths.
- The white button down: This year white button down shirts are no longer borrowed from the boys. Designers have re-made the white button down into a feminine classic that every girl should have in her wardrobe this year. This simple clothing item can be dressed up or down for any occasion.
I hope you all have enjoyed my first blog post, and I hope I have helped you on your 2016 style journey. It has taken me a long time to officially launch this blog (still cannot believe I did it) and I am so excited to finally begin my blogging journey. See you all next week, happy 2016!